The world has been changed by the Covid-19 virus and as my priority is your security, I’ve made some subtle changes to managing the hygiene issues. As at January 2023 there are less restrictions in place but these may change :
Your Arrival :
- I will give you a warm welcome without shaking hands and with a smile behind my mask. Please bring your own masks though currently they are only a requirement in a medical environment (but public transport may be a concern for you ). It is also easy to purchase them, quite cheaply, in shops and pharmacies.
- Your door key will have been disinfected and left on your table;
- My favourite restaurant ideas and general information will be sent by email and are printed out on wipeable plastic.
Cleaning and Disinfecting of Rooms :
- As normal your space will be thoroughly cleaned and aired before your arrival;
- Hand sanitizer gel will be provided;
- All cleaning will be done wearing masks and gloves and following new industry guidelines.
Bedroom Linens and Towels :
- Laundry is ALWAYS washed at 60C (industry standards) and often boiled at 95C;
- All pillows and mattresses have at least 1 protector layer.
Check-in & Check-out :
Luggage can still be left in my safe-keeping if you have early or late arrivals / departures. However, on days when a departure and arrival is on the same day, early access will be unlikely due to the extra cleaning and airing of the rooms that is necessary between guests.
For guests staying in the Bed and Breakfast property for 2
- Bathroom soap, shampoo and shower gel will be changed between guests;
- Bathrobes are available and are kept in plastic covers;
- Breakfast will, as far as possible, be taken on the balcony. If you prefer breakfast to be served at the dining table, I have extended the length so that if you wish me to join you we can easily retain a 1m distance.
For the private, self-contained Apartment for 4
- I will only enter the apartment to regularly empty the robot vacuum cleaner, called Sidney. Please air the apartment each day ;
- All kitchen items will be washed in my dishwasher between guests;
- Breakfast will still be provided. Fresh products will be brought down to you on trays and other items left in the fridge for you;
- The rugs and most of the decorative soft furnishings have been taken out of the apartment.
If you have any hesitations or questions, please ask for more details, I’m happy to respond.