TO THE RED DOOR…
Everyone who comes to stay at 52 Clichy will receive a VERY detailed document about how to find me containing everything you will need to arrive, relaxed and unstressed at our RED front door, including the 2 different security door codes. Please don’t phone me to say the door codes don’t work on the blue door – that means you are at 52 Avenue de Clichy!
The Paris transport network is fabulous, efficient and you have lots of transport choices : No time – take a taxi. No luggage – take a train or walk. Lots of luggage – take a bus. You may also find the Paris RATP Transport website useful.
ARRIVING AT AN AIRPORT :
Taxis : will cost maximum €50 from the airport. This is a forfeitary amount so even in the morning rush hour the price won’t change and the journey normally takes 30 minutes. Or pre-book a shared taxi on http://www.wecab.com/en for €35.
Airport Buses :
– Roissy CDG : the bus goes from terminals 2 B-D every 15 minutes and arrives at Opéra which is minutes away on foot so walk up the hill or take a 5 minute taxi ride for which the minimum fare is €7.50.
– Orly : jump off at the Denfert Rochereau stop and then take the local N° 68 bus.
– Beauvais : Are you sure it’s worth it? The shuttle bus costs €17 per person, takes 90 minutes at least and drops you off at Porte Maillot. If it’s open, walk straight to the Relais de Venise restaurant, have steak & chips then get a taxi.
Airport Trains (the R.E.R.) :
– Roissy CDG : The RER B will bring you to Paris in 35 minutes. Hop out at the Gare du Nord (now read ‘Metros and buses’ below).
– Orly : The RER C train takes you to Invalides in 30 minutes. Change here for metro line 13 to Place de Clichy. Or the Orlyval shuttle will take you to the RER B train. Change at Chatelet for the metro line 14 to St Lazare.
ARRIVING AT A TRAIN STATION
Taxis : will cost between €10 – 15 from any station, the minimum fare is €7.50. Don’t think you can avoid the queue, the taxis not in the queue (especially at the Gare du Nord) try to charge €75 – €100 for the journey !
Metros and buses :
– Gare du Nord / Eurostar : Walk, it takes 30 mins max. Or jump on a N° 54 bus (especially if you have luggage) and get off at Place de Clichy. Or take metro line 4 / line 2 to Place de Clichy.
– Gare de Lyon : Metro line 14 (has elevators) to St Lazare.
– Montparnasse station – Metro line 13 to Place de Clichy.
ARRIVING BY CAR :
The closest car park is http://en.neoparking.com/paris/parking-gare-saint-lazare-p23 It is half the price of other municipal, secure car parks in Paris if booked in advance and is under St Lazare station, 5 minutes walk away. Leave it there as you don’t need a car in Paris unless you are here in August when the roads are empty or if you have a disabled sticker – there are lots of disabled parking spots everywhere.